Search
Close this search box.

‘Baba Sadiq breached our agreement’ – Stonebwoy on why he did not show up SallahFest

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Telegram
Email

Ghanaian Reggae Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy, has finally broken his silence on why he did not show up to perform at the 3Music SallahFest in April 2024 despite being billed to perform at the concert.

A few days after the event, Baba Sadiq, organiser of the concert in an interview said Stonebwoy’s absence was due to his manager expressing discontent over Shatta Wale’s inclusion in the concert lineup.

Two months on, Stonebwoy explained in an interview on Daybreak Hitz that he disengaged with the organisers of the event days before the event was supposed to be held.

The reason, he said was because there was an earlier agreement with Baba Sadiq not to share flyers of the concert because it was not a paid event and a charitable one.

However, Baba Sadiq went ahead to breach the agreement by sharing flyers which caused him to end his engagement with the 3Music boss days before the concert was held.

“We disengaged because he went ahead to post flyers where we were not supposed to be advertised. Internally, we were not supposed to. It is not a paid event and even if it was, we had our modus operandi where we needed. This our charity shows so that plan was not to be advertised.

“So they were in contact with my team but by the time they would even finish for me to hear it, Baba Sadiq has gone ahead to post a flyer and even posted the wrong flyer. I don’t know what his plans were…so that was what broke us and we could not go and we communicated that to him,” Stonebwoy clarified in his interview on Hitz FM, June 12.

The Artiste of the Year for the 25th TGMA noted that there was no ill intention behind hid decision and he even advised his team not make public his reasons for canceling the concert.

According to him, he did not want to disrupt the concert by asking his fans not to show up at the 3Music SallahFest concert.

“If we had ill intentions, we would have gone ahead to explain why I did not show up. When we taught about it, I was like let’s not push it. We know we can’t go anymore but leave it so that the show flows then after maybe if somebody asks we can all say, I was sick and not feeling well else we are going to disrupt somebody’s else’s show,” he stated.

Commenting on the public backlash following his decision to withdraw from the event, Stonebwoy expressed disappointment over the personal attacks and false narratives that emerged, affecting him and his family.

According to him, the insults and lies spread to the extent that his father and other family members reached out to express their concerns.

“And then the insults on my life came through. I think the insults went so far I had calls from even my father, et cetera.

“We were like, ‘Bro, what levels of lies are these? These lies are too much to contain.’ But we just chilled and that’s how we’ve chilled the whole time,” he said.

He added that, “Nobody can tell me that they’ve seen a reply from any of my people concerning all that misappropriation and that attack on my character. So whatever the plan was or is, only he can answer and tell us what his plans were or are to this day.”

Source:Ghana Weekend

Share this post :

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Telegram
Email